What is LEED?
LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design is the most worldwide renowned sustainable building certification system. Approximately 2.2 million square feet of green building space are being certified daily.
The LEED system is flexible to be applied to all types of buildings, whether be a private residence, data center, hotel, or office building.
- BD+C: Building Design and Construction: New Construction and Renovation
- O+M: Existing Building and Maintenance
- ND: Neighborhood Development
- Homes: Residences
- ID+C: Interior Design and Construction
LEED promotes sustainable building design by recognizing building performance in these areas:
- Integrative Process
- Sustainable Sites
- Location and Transportation
- Water Efficiency
- Energy and Atmosphere
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Innovation in Design
The LEED certification process will rate a project based on its overall performance at various levels. The levels of certification and corresponding LEED points required are:
- LEED Certified – 40 to 49 Points
- LEED Silver – 50 to 59 Points
- LEED Gold – 60 to 69 Points
- LEED Platinum – 80 to 110 Points
Why Choose LEED certification?
LEED certification offers many different benefits to the owner. These include:
- Reduced environmental impact through lower CO2 emissions and more sustainable building material use.
- Better Building Performance with reduced operating costs
- Greater Asset Value
- Higher occupancy rates
- Better Internal environment for building occupants leading to greater productivity.
Why Choose DMG?
Development Management Group Co., Ltd. has experience LEED professionals that can assist in all aspects of the LEED certification process. Such services include LEED feasibility analysis, documentation support, and analysis services for existing and upcoming buildings. We provide direction to building owners and design teams and guide them through the building process from pre-design to construction.
DMG can provide these specific LEED Certification Services:
- Design Charrettes
- LEED Education and Professional Training
- LEED Project Pre-Design Services
- LEED Project Management
- LEED Construction Services
- LEED Post-Occupancy Services
- LEED Certification Project Administration